Frequently Asked Questions
How can I buy tickets?
Tickets to most events are available at The Orion Amphitheater box office or online via theorionhuntsville.com. Please note additional tax and service fees may apply. Contact AXS customer service at 888-929-7849.
What forms of payment are accepted at The Orion Amphitheater?
Mastercard, Visa, American Express & Discover are accepted at The Orion Amphitheater box office, all main concession stands and merchandise stands. The Orion Amphitheater is a fully cashless venue. No checks are accepted. No ATMs are available on site.
What does "General Admission" or "GA" mean?
General Admission means that there are no assigned seats. This section is first-come, first-served. GA Pit tickets are General Admission and standing-room only.
How far is The Orion Amphitheater from the local airports?
- Huntsville International Airport 9.2 miles
- Northwest Alabama Regional Airport 55.1 miles
- Nashville Airport 112 miles
Directions to the site are available here.
Is smoking permitted?
Smoking of any kind is not permitted in The Orion Amphitheater, except in designated areas.
How do I get a schedule of events?
A full list of our events can be found here.
Does The Orion donate tickets or other items to charity?
Requests for tickets should be made in writing on official charitable or non-profit organization letterhead including tax-exempt information. Please contact Victoria Jones by email.
- Letters are filled based on availability. No calls please.
- Unfortunately, not all requests are able to be fulfilled.
How do I get to The Orion Amphitheater?
Please visit our directions page.
Does The Orion Amphitheater have a lost and found department?
If you discover an item to be missing, or find an item that does not belong to you, please contact an usher or member of security immediately. You may also contact our Lost and Found Department by email.
- We are a cashless venue.
- ATMS will not be available on site at this time. All point of sale locations accept credit cards.
What food items are found at The Orion Amphitheater?
Click here for a full list of our food and beverage offerings.
What is a "phone-free show"?
Jack White's The Supply Chain Issues Tour on August 27, 2022 will be a phone-free show, presented by Yondr. Upon arrival at the venue, Yondr will have staff available to help you put your phone in a lockable pouch which you keep throughout the night. You can unlock your phone from the pouch at any time by going to the clearly-marked Phone Use Areas located in the lobby or the concourse. See any usher or Yondr staff if you need help finding it. (Medical exemptions are made for those who rely on their phones for their treatment). Read more here.
- Aerosol Cans
- Animals/Pets (except service animals)
- Any item that can be deemed a projectile including balls and frisbees
- Audio/Video recording equipment: The use of audio, video, or digital recording devices is prohibited except for accredited members of the media. *Show personnel reserve the right to change this policy at any time.
- Glass containers of any kind
- Illegal drugs
- Large bags or purses (see PDF here.)
- Laser pointers
- Musical instruments
- Noisemakers such as airhorns, whistles, etc.
- Outside food or beverages
- Poles or stickers to display signs and/or banners
- Sharpies, markers, paint pens, and spray paint
- Skateboards, rollerblades, bikes, etc.
- Tablets and/or laptop type devices
- Tripods, monopods and selfie sticks
- Unapproved pamphlets, fliers, handbills, promotional items, etc.
- Wallet chains, boot chains, studded jewelry, etc.
- No firearms/weapons of any kind - Any item management deems dangerous is prohibited.
- *Any other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by the venue in its sole discretion.
*This list is subject to change at any time by management.
Thank you for your cooperation.
If your event is listed as postponed, that means we are working to reschedule for a new date. Your tickets are still valid - please hold on to them!
- Once the event is rescheduled, your original tickets are valid for the new date, no action is necessary. And yes, you will have the same seat that you purchased for the original date.
- If you are unable to attend the new date, refunds are available at the original point of purchase up to 30 days prior to the new date.
Unfortunately, some events are unable to be rescheduled. If your event was canceled, you will receive a refund for your tickets on the original payment method.
Venue Box Office
If you purchased tickets in person at the venue Box Office, please visit our Box Office page to check hours of operation and policies before heading to the venue.
- Bags, tote or purse smaller than 12" x 6" x 12"
- Seat cushion (with no arms)
- Diaper bag
- Medically necessary bags (*medical supplies will be permitted after proper inspection)
Not Approved Bags
- Printed pattern plastic bag
- Seat cushion with metal zippers
- Oversized tote bag
- Folding chair bag
- Binoculars case
- Camera case
- Mesh bag
- Soft-sided cooler
See PDF for our full bag policy here.
Can I Bring My Stroller to The Orion
Strollers are allowed but must be checked at guest services.
Can I Bring My Own Seat Cushion
Seat cushions with no arms are allowed.
Items Allowed Inside the Venue
- Empty reusable water bottles (32 oz. and under) to fill (and refill) at the water stations throughout the venue. No single use plastic bottles are permitted.
- Cameras: subject to artists approval. Small, point and shoot, cameras with non-detachable lenses. Cameras must fit in the front pants pocket.
- Strollers: are permitted on the grounds, but are not permitted in any seating areas. Strollers are to be checked and held at guest services.
- Seat cushion (with no arms)
*This is subject to change at any time by management.
What are TURN Cups?
We’ve partnered with TURN to end single-use plastic by serving drinks in reusable cups, which can be washed, sanitized, and reused over 100 times.
How do I return my TURN Cup?
Simply return your cup to any marked bin throughout the venue. Together we can prevent half a million single-use plastic cups from entering landfill each year.
How do I enter The Orion?
All guests should head to Gate B upon arrival to enter The Orion. As we continue to keep our venue safe for all, we kindly ask that guests allow time for security checks via walk-through metal detectors before entry.
How do I use my tickets?
To use your tickets, all you need is the AXS mobile app:
1. Get the AXS mobile app if you haven't already.
2. Sign in to the app to view your AXS Mobile ID, the secure digital code for your tickets.
3. Get your AXS Mobile ID scanned at the venue's entrance and head inside.
If you bought tickets from an AXS partner, an AXS account has been created for you, and you'll need to reset your password to sign in. Download the app and tap "Forgot Password" on the Sign In screen.
All concerts and events are rain or shine - in the event of inclement weather, we will notify patrons via email and all social media platforms the evening of the performance of any changes.
How do I reserve parking?
Parking and traffic management for all upcoming concerts and events (with the exception of Lauren Daigle on April 14) is covered by the cost of your ticket. Parking is first come, first served on the day of the event. Parking lots open 2 hours prior to door time. Vehicles may not be left overnight.
Please visit the Lauren Daigle event page to secure your parking for this event, as it was rescheduled from 2022 and therefore follows previous parking guidelines.
For safety reasons, guests are refused entry if they are in possession of prohibited items. Illegal items will be confiscated and turned over to the police. If a guest is found inside the venue with a prohibited item, the item will be confiscated and the guest may be ejected from the facility.
- Be respectful of guests, staff, and our beautiful amphitheater.
- Re-entry is not permitted.
- For your safety and the safety of others, guests and their possessions are subject to inspection upon entrance.
- Smoking is only permitted in designated areas.
- Drink responsibly. Intoxicated patrons may be denied admittance to the venue.
- Have a great time! We're glad you are here!